Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Slower stitching...

Lately my focus has been on my hand stitched mini quilt, part of a swap. This has been quite daunting for me! My idea evolved as I worked on the units, but finally I made a firm decision :-)



This is the finished quilt top, measuring around 22 by 19 inches. Unfortunately it doesn't photograph terribly well, and it was already getting dark when we took this. Do you see the orange piece, the rebel in the corner?!? Every quilt should have a rebel, I feel. The thought of quilting this terrifies me...


All Rosie's friends have been turning eleven, so this is the gift for one of them. I do like the finished effect of boxed corners at the bottom of a zip pouch! 



Rosie's teacher went on maternity leave last week. We'd known for long enough, but I still ended up making the gift the night before! Thankfully she was very pleased with it!



A great blog friend, Maryse, very kindly nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! 

The idea behind this award is for bloggers to bring attention to other blogs that we think are lovely. Recipients pay it forward by passing the award along to their favorite blogs.
By accepting the award, the nominated blogger must follow these easy-peasy rules: 

*Thank the awesome person who nominated you and link back. *Share 7 things about yourself.  *Nominate 10 other blogs. (Or as many as it feels comfortable to you.)
Here we go, seven things about me:


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for passing the award on, Fran. Your gifts pouches are lovely and it was good to read 7 facts about you.. Your blog as always is one of my favourite reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made fantastic progress with the hand piecing. Do you have to hand quilt it too?
    Thanks for the nomination. I'll visit the the other blogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your star quilt looks fabulous! I have this one on my to-do list, but I plan on sewing mine on the machine. I don't think I can handle another hand sewing project for now ... :-)
    Nice to know a bit more about you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mini quilt, I like all the spotty and dotty fabrics that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Fran. It's lovely learning a little more about you! Your mini is fantastic, I've been admiring it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Fran, me encanta tu composición, el colorido, todo, para el acolchado seguro que dás con el perfecto para el quilt, yo lo haría a mano, tantas puntaditas para unir las piezas que son a mano, el acolchado también.
    Muchas gracias por tu nominación. Voy visitando a cada uno de los blogs que nos recomiendas.
    Feliz fin de semana, besos para Rosa y para ti.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the way you have set your blocks together looks wonderful, rebel and all! I am sure you will make a wonderful quilting job of it too :) I will definitely be checking out some of your favorite fun blogs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is going to be such a great mini quilt!! I love the rebel orange piece! It's great to read these fun snippets about you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful quilt Fran! I'm sure you will do a great job quilting it :-) The bags you have made a wonderful. I'm sure they will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilt, do you have to hand quilt it as well? And I definitely like a little rebel patch too!

    ReplyDelete